Baker’s Heart collaborates with Touch a Heart in a ‘one-of-a-kind’, vocational training program in food service. Women in transition train with the marketable skills necessary to move toward sustainable independent living through employment.
Become a Team Member
Be a part of transforming lives in our islands. We are looking for volunteers and partners in various capacities from administrative work to culinary teachers. Let us know the areas in which you are gifted so we can find a place for you.
Colin Kumabe Director of Operations
Colin serves as the Director of Operations & Programs and is also a Board Member. With him, he brings to Touch a Heart, the wealth of experience gained from management in the food service industry. He has also been a support cook for Jason by taking care of all food purchases and setting up the operations for our events. His bakery products are enjoyed by many and include some of our signature items.
- 2012 – Current: Touch A Heart Director of Operations/Programs, Part-Time Baker & Cook
- 1985 – 2005: Zippy’s Unit (Store) Manager
- 1982 – 1985: Zippy’s Manager
- 1979 – 1982: Wendy’s Store Manager
Chad Haruguchi Chef
As the Executive Chef and Trainer, Chad donates years of experience as a chef in quality restaurants and country clubs to Touch a Heart’s kitchen. His goal of teaching and inspiring passion for culinary arts is a driving force behind his work with the organization. He works together with Colin to train in both baking and general food services.
- 2016 – 2017: Club Eclipse Cook
- 2014 – 2016: Olomana Golf Executive Chef
- 2012 – 2014: Leeward Bowl Executive Chef
- 2010 – 2012: Honolulu Country Club
- 2008 – 2010: Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
- 2007 – 2008: Hukilau Honolulu Sous Chef
- 2006 – 2007: Sam Choy’s Sous Chef
Jamie Goya is a proud graduate of University of Hawaii at Manoa. She has a Bachelors in Family Resources and a Masters in Early Childhood Education. Jamie worked in the early childhood field for over 25 years as a teacher, accreditation facilitator, curriculum specialist, and Pre-k coach. She enjoys spending time with her husband, 2 daughters, and 3 dogs.
Jason Tsubaki Chef
Jason is on our Advisory Board and is also our consultant. Presently he volunteers his time to help with our Vocational Training Program and catering projects, lending his expertise and exemplary cooking skills. An incredible business leader, Jason is also helping to set up our food service enterprises.
- 1989 – 1990: Kahala Hilton, Executive Sous Chef
- 1988 – 1989: Westin Kauai, Sous Chef – “Cooks At The Beach”
- 1974-1988: Ilikai Hotel, Fry-Cook to Executive Sous Chef
- Other Places of work: Ala Moana Hotel • Byron II • Anna Millers • Pacific Club • Honolulu Club
Brady Hull Pastry Chef
Brad has graciously donated his expertise as a pastry chef to support us at our events by creating an array of awe-inspiring desserts. He will also be supporting the Vocational Training Program.
- Current Employment: Lanikai Cookies
- 2004 – 2005: Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Executive Pastry Chef
- 2003: Kakaako Bakers Bakery, Pastry Chef & General Manager
- 2001 – 2003: Kapiolani Community College: Baking & Pastry Instructor
- 1996 – 2001: Ihilani Resort & Spa, Executive Pastry Chef
- Other Places of Work: Lanai Resort Partners • Hilton Hawn Village • Ritz Carlton • Napoleon’s Bakery